When it comes to how Choose A Spinning braid for fishing, there are many factors to consider.
From the type of fish you are targeting to the conditions of the water, selecting the right spinning braid can make a big difference in your success and enjoyment of the water.
In this article, we will explore the key considerations for choosing a spinning braid, including the type of braid, the strength and diameter of the line, and the color and visibility.
The main advantages of braided cords
As a rule, most of the best spinning braids have a variety of positive features.
Before choosing the optimal spinning braid model for yourself, it will not hurt you to familiarize yourself with some of the features of this product in more detail.
Here are the main ones:
- Efficiency while fishing.
- Such a cord for spinning has a dense and elastic structure, thanks to which it retains its original appearance and properties over a long period of time.
- All braided cords for spinning are treated with a special coating that extends the life of the braids, and also has the property of a long stay in salt water.
- Even the most budgetary braid has a very high level of strength.
- Most of the braids are made from high-quality raw materials and use modern technologies.
- Most spinning braids have a high degree of wear resistance, and minimal susceptibility to various damages, which is quite valuable, for example, when jigging.
- In addition, regardless of the thickness of the line, it has a high degree of sensitivity to bites of any kind of fish.
Often, wicker products for fishing are made in two types: soft or hard. The first is characterized by the maximum range when casting, and the second is the ease of unraveling the so-called beards.
Also, if necessary, you can always consider, for example, the current rating of fishing cords on the Internet.
Classification of braided cords
As a rule, braided fishing line is divided into a couple of types:
- Braided pigtail.
- The fishing line was soldered with special heat treatment.
The first is distinguished by its highest degree of softness and extensibility. The second, on the contrary, is a rather rigid and weakly extensible product. It may seem to some inexperienced anglers that the first modification is quite tough, but in comparison with the soldered version, this is far from the case.
Despite the current product rating and the diameter declared by the manufacturer, the braided pigtail has a high tear rate and is practically not afraid of any kind of hooks. Rigid soldered cords are capable of being covered with villi at the time of operation, which increases the initial diameter of the product and gives it greater windage. This adversely affects productive work with light baits. In addition, the saturation of weaving braids can also vary, which affects their level of extensibility, as well as density.
Yes, these two types of fishing lines for spinning do not have any cardinal differences, but some discrepancies are still present.
- The classic pigtail is cheaper, however, less reliable compared to hard soldered cords;
- Multifilament fishing line for spinning, on the contrary, has a significant cost.
In other words, if you need a product with an average breaking capacity, then you do not need to overpay and buy more expensive products, since modern production technology has advanced significantly, and even classic pigtails are highly reliable.
Choose A Spinning Braid
There are many tips on how to choose a spinning braid that will be as reliable as possible and will last you a long time. Are its characteristics important: diameter, cost, manufacturer’s name, and others?
So, which braid for spinning fishing is better to choose and what your preference will depend on:
- The minimum diameter of the spinning cord will help to achieve greater productivity during any fishing method;
- An important indicator is the level of breaking capacity, the optimal value of which should be 6 lb. On such cords you can successfully catch pike, chub, pike perch, and other fish;
- When buying a fishing cord, consider that its visibility in the water by fish often does not play a significant role;
- Also, products with a minimum diameter are not affected by various external factors (current, gusty wind, and so on), since they are as sensitive as possible;
- The negative features of such products should include frequently occurring hooks that can lead to the loss of the bait and the cord itself.
Probably, the main advice when choosing the best-braided cord for spinning will be the recommendation to buy the most durable products from trusted manufacturers.
Affordable and quite reliable cords are the Power Pro or Salmo Elite Braid models, the cost of which starts from 200 rubles per reel.
Choose A Spinning Braid Color
Continuing to look for the answer to which braid is better, it is worth noting one more characteristic, namely, what color is it better to purchase this product?
It is believed that this parameter is secondary, however, some believe that the inappropriate shade of the cord can scare away fish in a pond, which is why it refuses to attack the bait.
It is impossible to unequivocally answer such judgments since the rules and features of choice are individual for many.
Here are some nuances that can persuade you to choose the most optimal shades for you:
- Fans of fishing by twitching, jig, and other methods, where the control of the bait is due to visual observation of the fishing line, should give preference to models with a bright color.
- Resorting to a sheer method of fishing, in which the casting distance of the bait is important, many would pick up multicolor braids that change their shade after a certain distance.
- It is believed that the most undesirable line for spinning fishing are dark-colored modifications since it is difficult to follow them at the time of wiring, which increases the likelihood of snags or reeds.
In other words, you need to not only choose the right modification of the cord or fishing line, but also its shade. Each consumer has his own individual preferences, which he uses at the time of choice.
Choose A Spinning Ultralight Braid
As you know, ultralight is one of the varieties of spinning. Ultralight fishing is still not among the most popular among domestic fishing enthusiasts, however, there are enough of those who love it. This means that there is a certain demand for lines with lines for light.
Let’s talk a little about some of the intricacies of choosing a braid for this spinning modification:
- Braided cords for the ultralight fishing method should have the smallest possible diameter, and the optimal value for this is 0.1 mm;
- Do not pay attention to the thinnest models, because they must have the necessary characteristics regarding the breaking load;
- Very good and relatively inexpensive products for this kind of fishing are produced by the well-known Polish company Salmo.
In addition to products from the mentioned company, such line modifications as Berkley Whiplast Crystal, Sunline Rockfish, Berkley Nanofil are suitable for fishing with ultralight. All of them have their own individual characteristics, and if for some reason a purchase does not suit you, then a fresh rating of braided fishing lines or numerous forums with reviews from experienced anglers may help you.
Fishing Cord Storage
Today, not all anglers know how to choose the right braided line, however, having familiarized yourself with this material, it will be much easier for you to make a choice in favor of a suitable model. Another important nuance that is worth discussing is the storage of this product.
Here are some recommendations:
- With proper storage, your ultra-light braided cord will last longer.
- Always, after the end of fishing, you should dry the product thoroughly.
- It is best to store the cord in a plastic bag.
- Do not send the braid for storage in a taut state.
- Carry out the winding of the cord on a coil moistened with glycerin.
Now you know how to determine the braided line, what it is suitable for, and how to store it, which means you can go to the nearest fishing tackle store or place an order in the appropriate online store.
Remember that there are fishing trips that you cannot do without this rather sought-after product.
In conclusion, choosing the right spinning braid for your fishing needs is an important decision that can impact your success and enjoyment of the water.
Consider factors such as the type of braid, strength and diameter of the line, and color and visibility to find a spinning braid that meets your needs.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links.