Method feeder fishing is a popular and effective technique for catching fish in freshwater. It involves using a special feeder that dispenses bait around the hook to attract fish to your line.
If you’re new to method feeder fishing, it can seem daunting to get started. But with the right gear, technique, and bait, you can enjoy a successful and rewarding fishing experience.
In this blog post, we’ll provide beginner fishing tips and expert advice on method feeder fishing, so you can learn how to master this exciting fishing technique and increase your chances of catching fish.
What should we do when fishing method feeder?
So, fishing on a feeder for beginners does not require special skills and you do not need to purchase several different nets, one universal device will be enough.
What you need to pay attention to when choosing a feeder:
- feeder flexibility;
- load that it can withstand;
- device sensitivity;
- the presence of the necessary rings on it.
Of course, feeder fishing for beginners is always interesting, but if you have never fished this way yourself, it is better to seek help from a professional who will be there and show you how to use and catch fish.
Today, you can find rods on sale in any specialized store, the length of which can be from two to five meters. If you are limited in space, then you need to choose a rod of a shorter distance, long ones, of course, are needed if you need to cast the feeder farther. If you are new to this business, then it is better to use a medium-sized rod, from three and a half to four meters. It is this comfortable length of the rod that will help you quickly learn how to use it and cast well, as well as keep your distance perfectly when catching fish on a river or lake.
The structure of the feeder or smoothness is an indicator from which durability and sensitivity completely change. Significant smoothness of the rod reflects even a small bite, but along with the smoothness, the percentage of wear increases.
There are such feeder rods:
- slow fishing rod (budget feeder), which does not bend well;
- medium speed rod, only the upper half bends;
- a high-speed fishing rod, it only bends the upper or fourth part.
For a beginner fisherman, it is better to choose a fast rod, as it is more reliable, more comfortable and you will be able to cast it well. Do not forget that it all depends on the class of the feeder: light feeder (up to forty grams), medium (it can be up to eighty grams), heavy feeder (its weight reaches one hundred and twenty grams), the feeder is very heavy (its weight can be exceeded one hundred and twenty grams).
Also, do not forget about the material from which the feeder is made and what the through-rings are made of. As a rule, for such fishing, not a fishing line is used, but a strong cord, which can increase the load on the rings and accelerate their wear.
Look carefully at the number of legs with which the rings are fixed, it is better when there are not two, but three rings. This will evenly distribute the load and thereby increase the reliability of your rod. The tops can be completely different, colored red-hard, green less hard, and the weakest are usually yellow.
Method Feeder fishing Choose a coil
Remember that it is best to choose a reel immediately with a fishing rod. Of course, this pleasure is not the cheapest, but it is worth the money since the coil will serve you for over a year. It is better to pay a large amount of money once and get a high-quality thing that you can cast on the river even with difficult terrain, and if there is a poor-quality coil, it can quickly break down.
Characteristics by which you need to choose a coil:
- A number of bearings. It is better when there are more of them, you will have a smooth ride of the coil. A quality reel should have at least five bearings;
- Bobbin size. It is also better to choose a larger size; coil speed. The best reel is universal, it is more reliable, winds well, and withstands the load well;
- Friction model. It is necessary to protect against breaks. Separate the rear and front clutch. The coil, which is equipped with a front clutch, is smaller, but it is more difficult to adjust, and if the clutch is rear, then it is easier for you to measure the bobbin, it is easier to adjust, but slower in operation;
- Price. Never buy a cheap coil.
Remember that for your network to last longer, you need to take into account the loads of the test mode, they must be indicated on the label of the product you buy.
When there is a load of bait, this label can simply be broken off, so the rigs are divided into classes that indicate the load in the test mode. Thanks to this, safe and high-quality fishing are obtained; it is important to decide what kind of fishing technique is needed on the feeder.
Methods of fishing on the feeder, that catch fish
To improve fishing most often choose:
- Fish biting enhancer. It attracts marine life well in both warm, cold, and muddy water. The bite enhancer is impregnated with special pheromones, which contain substances that stimulate the appetite of the fish, and it starts to bite. It is a pity that they want to withdraw it from sale;
- Sensitive rod and net. Now they produce special, more sensitive gear that guarantees a big catch. Of these, the fish just will not get out;
- Baits containing pheromones.
What is the best bait to choose when Method Feeder fishing?
Now literally all bait consists of a filler and an aromatic additive. The base is used differently, it can be boiled or steamed, peas, corn, or millet. A very important point – complementary foods must be viscous, fragrant, and sticky. As a flavoring, you can take coffee, boiled sugar, honey, or jam. And which one is better to choose is up to you personally.
As a rule, the bulk and filler are combined one to one and then seasoned with the chosen flavoring:
- For crucian or carp, it is better to take barley porridge or plain millet;
- Millet or peas are great for bream;
- Roach pecks well, and goes only to the base;
- Carp goes to corn;
- Perch prefers corn porridge;
- The ide or chub prefers sweet bait.
Of course, it is up to you to decide which food to use and which bait to choose. You can even be smart and come up with your bait. Fishing has begun.
The universal bait for catching any fish is as follows: corn grits, compound feed, steamed bran, cookie or gingerbread crumbs, small breadcrumbs or crushed seeds, and leftover candy or cookies.
Remember that you should not pack everything tightly, you need your bait to be able to disappear from the feeder in a few seconds.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links.