How to catch a chub Methods Baits
In the rivers , fishermen hunt for various prey, but one of the most desirable in July is a strong silver chub, because chub fishing is quite an interesting activity. But each fish needs an individual approach, and this handsome man is no exception. The most important thing is to try not to frighten the predator and use the most cunning ways to fish it out. To organize the whole process competently, you need to study its behavior, where to catch the chub and what bait.
Since the chub loves to be in the middle of the stream, this gives the right to call him a full-fledged river inhabitant. It is almost impossible to see it in flowing lakes. The area of river rapids is the most common where you can find it, so most anglers choose these places.
Regardless of the depth, the chub is found in rivers of any length. Sometimes even in small streams. The favorite habitat is the coast with snags, overhanging bushes and other vegetation. This is understandable, since it is much more difficult to find and catch it here. A lot of remains from insects and other delicacies fall from the branches, so he will never remain hungry.
It is impossible to call it a full-fledged predator, because in addition to live bait, it prefers to eat insects:
He does not mind eating sweets in the summer. Likes sweet corn and cherries. With the onset of hot summer time, he ceases to respond to "heavy food", preferring algae and mud. When a slight cold snap comes, the fish begins to actively “fatten”, eating more and more shellfish, and in winter its food is reduced to a minimum. He sits in deep holes and comes out during the last ice.
When the bird cherry blossoms, this is a sure sign of the beginning of spawning of the chub. A distinctive feature in the behavior of fish during spawning is active feeding behavior, which is rare in predatory fish. Therefore, it can be continued to catch and with the onset of spawning. Another specific feature is excessive caution.
Camouflage is a must for every angler, as the chub is able to see it at a great distance. It clogs up in holes and it is impossible to pull it out. The most common mistake even professionals make is careless behavior in sunny weather. You need to approach the place of fishing in such a way that no shadow is visible on the water. Otherwise, you can not try to find the chub, as he has already understood all the danger and will not peck.
Fish have a well-developed instinct for self-preservation. This makes the fishing process exciting and interesting, since it is difficult to catch it without the appropriate skill and prepared favorite baits. But with the advent of experience, many anglers concentrate their attention on it.
What baits are suitable?
Beginners always ask the same question: what to catch chub. Unfortunately, a definite answer has not yet been found, since the fish is not only omnivorous, but also very capricious. When going fishing, it is recommended to bring a few solid options with you at once.
The following baits can be strung on the hook:
Frogs; Crustacean meat; Carp fry; Earth or dung worms; Any kind of small insects (locust, Colorado potato beetle, butterflies); Maggots; Leeches.
Depending on the temperature regime, pressure height, chub fishing in June may require sweet corn baits, dough, processed cheeses with various flavors, peas or boiled potatoes. Some professionals who have extensive experience in hunting for a silvery picky, when using a feeder, put lures for spinning.
Chub fishing involves the use of a whole system, so experimentation is also welcome.
How to fish in summer
Chub fishing in the summer is very interesting and involves the implementation of a variety of ways. To catch a good catch, it is necessary to take into account its active movement in the river. At night and early morning, the fish comes as close to the shore as possible, and when the sun breaks through, it tries to go to darker places and watches until some living creature falls down.
If the angler prefers to use spinning, it is recommended to take a wobbler. Be sure to actively play with the bait so that the predator catches the movements and organizes an attack. When using fly fishing, it is best to pick up different types of flies. The floating option is equally suitable as the sinking one. It is worth noting that the fly should become a complete imitator of the delicacy of the chub.
Catching a chub on a river using a spinning rod is carried out according to the following instructions: the first few attempts should be made at a short distance from the coast, but at the same time maintain a perpendicular position with respect to the current; the second series of attempts is carried out at a greater distance; we maintain a perpendicular position with respect to the current and try to throw as far as possible.
This strategy helps to cover the entire roll of about 90 degrees. Another aspect is the boundary where the fast and slow current converge.
When the fisherman knows exactly where to catch the chub, he can already count on 100% success. One of the chub's favorite treats is water silk, so in those places where there is an accumulation of it, there is a high probability of catching good prey.
We catch on spinning
Depending on the area where fishing takes place and in what way the fisherman prefers to catch, the following types are distinguished:
- Plav. For this technique, a boat is used. Be sure to drift and cast bait into areas where a predator might be hiding. As a rule, these are all kinds of snags, bushes and backwaters. For a bite to appear, you need to make a splash. It is used in rivers with extremely small currents.
- Running (carried out from the shore). The most popular method, since not every angler has the opportunity to purchase a boat. In order not to frighten off the fish, you always need to adhere to certain tactics and not give out your location. A significant advantage is the ability to use a wide variety of lures and baits.
Professionals who prefer to place themselves on the riffles claim that this is indeed the most effective and enjoyable way.
When using wobblers, it is important to consider how wide the river is and how deep it is. If the distance between the banks is small, then it is enough to use light wobblers.
Other Common Fishing Methods
There are other common fishing methods and techniques that help you catch a good catch:
- Wiring. The method is widespread among fishermen, regardless of experience. To use it, you definitely need a Bolognese rod, a float (preferably loaded), a wiring reel. The most common baits are maggots, dessert corn. It all depends on what season you plan to hunt. In summer, bread baits or sweet berries are most often used. And in the winter season, on the contrary, protein baits are in greatest demand. To catch in the wiring, the techniques need to be changed: first we catch with a swim, and then we release the tackle with the flow. In the second case, you need to use bait
- The use of a feeder is suitable for reservoirs of medium or great depth. Previously, the place must be lured. And you need a long throw. Bait is used the same as for carp breeds. In autumn, just soil is enough.
- Bale. Padding with a baler is an interesting and unusual way. To do this, the fishermen must settle down on opposite banks and tie up the lines of pre-prepared rods. The main fishing line is selected and equipped with top dressing. In the summer, it is recommended to use insects when there is a huge variety of them. You can resort to this method in the cool season. For those who have become interested in the dragging method, you should read the following instructions: we occupy opposite banks with a partner and prepare fishing rods;
- At the same time we raise the rods for a strong tension of the fishing line;
- Slowly lower down so that the bait touches the surface of the water;
- As soon as the prey sees the active movements of the bait, it will begin to actively attack;
- Who is the first of the fishermen to track this moment, must make a cut;
The partner must stop the reel so that the first angler can pull the chub.
How to catch a chub on a donk is known to almost every fisherman, regardless of experience, and not everyone uses a half-donk. The meaning of the method lies in the process of fishing in reservoirs with a strong current. Even if you take a float tackle, the float itself should not be located slightly below the tip of the rod. This is due to the fact that the tackle for the feeder here is made immune to the predator, and it is simply impossible to hold the float.
- It is recommended to arrange half-donks in an amount of no more than four in order to focus attention. If you put more, the task becomes much more complicated. To equip hooks, we use earthworms or maggots. This method is used with the onset of early spring, when the banks become transparent and not overgrown with grass.
A live bait rod will become an equally relevant option. With the onset of the May holidays, there is a good chance to catch finicky fish with the help of a minnow or topfish.
When small frogs appear (most often this is the end of the month), it is worth switching to them, as the chub responds well to them. Live bait is a must for this type of fishing.
Speaking of the rod itself, it visually resembles a Bolognese fixture. The difference is considered to be a sliding float, which will not allow the live bait to remain on the surface. The live bait method in this case does not imply the presence of specific tactics or secrets. A small fish needs to be hooked. In the process, you need to control the condition of the live bait, as it can attract other lovers of such a delicacy.