Best Groundbait for feeder Fishing
Best Groundbait for feeder Fishing It's probably no secret that every angler has his own home-made bait for the feeder with his own hands, recipes for its preparation, which are sometimes stored behind seven seals.
The quality of the feed composition depends on the amount of the catch. Along with the right tackle, it is one of the most important factors influencing the attraction of fish when bottom fishing on a feeder.
When the feeder hits the surface of the water, part of the bait mixture should be sprayed at the casting site, forming a suspension that is attractive to the fish. A cloud of small components, settling to the bottom, creates a bait spot that collects the inhabitants of the water area.
[caption id="attachment_3382" align="aligncenter" width="720"] Composition Requirements[/caption]
Making bait for the feeder at home is not difficult. It is enough to know how to properly mix the bait and what it consists of.
As a rule, the bait mixture consists of at least several main components:
[caption id="attachment_3383" align="aligncenter" width="800"] Bait mixture[/caption]
- The base base is that part of the bait that should collect the fish in a certain place. By consistency, these are small dusty particles that form a cloud of delicious turbidity. It usually consists of ground cookies and seeds, breadcrumbs, cake or any other component that is similar in quality.
- Additional component or filler. Designed to keep a flock of fish on a well-fed table. Consistency is larger particles. For these purposes, various kinds of cereals (millet, peas, barley) are suitable.
- Flavorings give the bait mixture the smell most preferred in the established fishing conditions. In spring and autumn, the smells of animal origin will be more attractive to fish. The diet of fish at this time is made up of protein baits, so the attractant must be appropriate. But in the summer, fruit and berry flavors are already preferable.
- Dyes are designed to change the color of the bait. In cold water, you should try to give the mixture a darker color, while in summer it is lighter.
- Soil - when fishing on rivers with a large current, it is simply a necessary component. Many anglers seem to know how to prepare bait, but ignore the ground component. Under no circumstances should this be done. The thing is that the soil makes the bait mixture heavier, allowing it to sink to the bottom and stay at a certain point. Otherwise, all ready-made bait for the feeder will be carried away from the baited place within a few minutes.
- Molasses is a molasses formed during the production of sugar as a by-product. It is widely used by anglers. Along with a high energy value, it speeds up the digestion of fish, thereby forcing it to be in an active search for food. In addition, its viscous consistency binds bait particles well.
- Bait (nozzle) is another extremely important element of bait. Do not forget to add elements of animal bait (live or canned maggot, bloodworm, worm pieces) or vegetable bait (canned corn grains, steamed barley or wheat) to the bait mixture, similar to those that are hooked.
Be careful when using attractants. Remember: it is better to add less flavor than to overdo it. Otherwise, you can, on the contrary, scare away all the fish. Add in small portions, just before catching.
Mandatory components for some types of fish
The specificity of feeder fishing distinguishes the bait mixture used from other types of fishing. So, for each type of fish there is a recipe containing several mandatory components. Of course, ready-made universal food bought in a fishing store already has a letter designation of the most suitable fish species. But, as a rule, you can achieve better results by choosing empirically the ingredients for homemade top dressing.
[caption id="attachment_3384" align="aligncenter" width="800"] Bait spray[/caption]
- When fishing for bream, it is worth limiting the amount of fine mixture. Emphasis should be placed on larger particles. Otherwise, small breeds of fish will interrupt the baited place. Mixing is best done with a hand drill (screwdriver) and a special nozzle for it. In this way, it is possible to achieve uniform mixing of all components. The simplest bait for bream is made from equal parts of undercooked millet, bran, breadcrumbs and ground seeds. As a fragrance, it is better to use natural smells.
- Animal components are required for crucian carp. Of the aromas, the picky prefers garlic, dill, anise. On domestic reservoirs with a moderate current, method fishing has proven itself well. Its essence lies in the use of open-type feeders, inside which bait is placed using special silicone molds. As a rule, they use purchased edible plasticines or cook budget mastyrka.
- If you want to catch a large carp, then do not forget to add canned sweet corn grains and boiled potatoes to the bait. These two components are simply indispensable for catching a large trophy.
- Roach, silver bream and other white schooling fish are best caught without the use of large particles. Otherwise, the fish can quickly get enough and leave the fed place. Often so-called deeps help to resume biting. By alternating three or four different flavors, you can constantly keep a stable bite in one place.
The specificity of feeder fishing is such that no more than five to seven minutes should pass between castings of the feeder. You can determine the exact time for reloading in a simple way. To do this, a moderately compacted feeder is thrown with force into the coastal zone at a visibility distance. By observing how the bait mixture is washed away by the current, it is possible to accurately determine the time for the complete emptying of the feeder.
Practical advice from experienced
To find out how to make bait for a feeder with your own hands at home, just turn to any search engine on the Internet.
You can also use folk advice:
- It is better to prepare bait for the feeder directly on the reservoir, and not at home;
- For moisturizing, it is worth using local water - it is more familiar in chemical and biological composition to the fish living in it;
- After wetting, you need to let the finished mixture brew. If necessary, re-moisturize later;
- Sometimes crushed dry pet food or canned dog food is added to the bait. They have a good protein composition and a smell that attracts fish;
- On the rivers, do not be afraid to overfeed the fish. A part of the bait mixture is constantly washed out by a fast current, creating a dusty plume. And the fish, in turn, actively moves in search of food;
- When preparing bait for a feeder with your own hands, you should immediately decide on the time that you plan to spend on fishing. Based on the fishing conditions and the size of the intended feeder, it is worth calculating the total volume of the feed mixture. Otherwise, it may turn out that you will have to fish without supplementing if the mixture is not enough. It also does not make sense to prepare an excess mixture, since after preparation it will not be able to be stored for a long time.
Athletes-anglers have a so-called rule of five feeders. Its essence lies in the fact that after you have chosen the intended fishing point, it is worth making five point casts of the feeder with food. As a rule, the leash is not tied to avoid unnecessary hooks. After lowering the lure to the bottom, after thirty seconds, the feeder is exhausted with a sharp movement. In this way, the basic initial feeding of the selected point is carried out.
When catching fish on a feeder, bait has the most important role. The number of trophies caught will generally depend on how quickly you can attract fish to the selected point.
Therefore, if you are a beginner angler, then ready-made bait for the feeder is suitable for you. If you already have experience and you know the preferences of local fish, then handmade food is for you.